Tuesday, October 13, 2009

We are now at 6 days post surgery. I want you to know that my wife is one tough lady. I do not know if I could be as strong as she is. To see her get out of bed in the morning to love her kids goodbye for the day after she has been up 1/2 the night in pain from the ports and the nerve pain shooting down her arm. We take for granted simple things such as showering, brushing your teeth and going from a seated to a standing position until you go through surgery.

Today Lou Ann got out and picked the kids up from school with me. I could tell she felt a little better while at Bodie's school. She told me I drove like a little old lady. I thought to myself - "you really don't want me to hit the bumps to fast." I just smiled because I new she still loved me. Brenna and Bodie were very excited that mom was able to pick them up from school.

Lou Ann went to start a treatment at ICAM for the lymphatics under her arm. The treatment took about 1 hour. When she finished she was ready to lay down. The treatment involved her sitting in a recliner and resting. Let me tell you that it kicked her good.

One thing that she has found is that the old "fanny packs" are a great invention when it comes to holding the drain tubes. The amount of fluid coming from the drains is getting less. She is still getting about 30-40cc / 12 hr period. The drain lines are very sore where they go into her chest.

Lou Ann is improving each and every day. Her strength and mobility is still very guarded. The one thing you will see on her face is her smile. Thanks for following Lou Ann's race. I will tell you that she is winning this thing.

2 comments:

  1. We are praying she continues to get stronger and stronger everyday. Tell her we love her....David, Terri, Taylor,and Danisen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Lou Ann,
    We missed you this weekend. I hope you're feeling better and getting stronger each day. When you're not overwhelmed with other friends or are ready to maybe get out for a girl's lunch date, let me know. I would love to take you or just if you need an ear to bend, I'm here. We have been praying for you everyday. We don't know why God gives us our particular cross to bear, but I know that you and your family will make it through this and be stronger by the end. We miss you and we're thinking about you. Deborah

    ReplyDelete